Monday, January 04, 2010

My Favorite Photos of 2009 (3/3)

I've looked through all of the 1000 plus photos I took last year and found my favorite 30 shots. The pictures in this group contain more photos from my trip to Kyushu, and some day trips to places in Hyogo. This is the third and last set. All of the photos were ordered by date oldest to newest.

08.09 指宿枕崎線の駅-1
Chairs at a station along the Ibuski-Makurasaki line in Kagoshima.


08.09 Makurazaki-city-3
A store in Makurasaki, Kagoshima pref.. Perhaps my favorite place I went to in Japan this year. Also this is perhaps my favorite photo of the year.


08.10 Jigenji Park - Kagoshima 2
A bridge in Jigenji park in Kagoshima city, Kagoshima pref..


08.27 Tamba-7
The small family garden and shed at my wife's relative's house. Tamba, Hyogo pref.


08.30Okayama-Tsuyama-Himeji-5
A shoe shop in Okayama city, Okayama pref..


08.30Okayama-Tsuyama-Himeji-10
A sign in Tsuyama station. Tsuyama, Okayama pref.


10.01-Jump
First year students doing group exercises during Sports Day. Nishinoimya, Hyogo pref.


10.10-AmagasakiFence
A wall in Amagasaki, Hyogo pref..


11.08 Ojiyama Park - Sasayama3
A sign telling us to be careful with fire in a park. Sasayama, Hyogo pref.


11.08-SasayamaShotengai
An old storefront along a Sasayama shopping street. Hyogo pref.

So there they are. My favorite photos of the last year. You can see them all at the Best Of 2009 set on my flickr. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

angryparsnip said...

Thanks David. . . lots of my favorites too.
but. . . here are a few of my favorites.

Osaka 6261 my all time #1

retrospective 2008
Brilliant City
Waiting in line

Personal Favorites 0618, 8344

Way too many great photos. Thank You for a FABULOUS year.

angryparsnip said...

Also. . .

I did find the Totoro in the Jigenji Park area !

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Sasayama!
That was where I first studied abroad three years ago in Japan!!!! Lovely little village I still go and visit there. :D
Nice pictures!

- Nikki

(A Year In Kansai)