Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Paris Hilton as an ALT?


IMG 9414
Originally uploaded by sleepytako.
One of my students told me about this show on NHKe on Tuesday nights at 11:10. He said that it was for beginning English learners, but complained that he couldn't understand it at all. I don't blame him. It's taught by a 30 year old Paris Hilton with a heavy New York accent. If that wasn't bad enough and I thought my handwriting was bad on the board, but hers is like... wow. To be fair I have to say she only looks like Paris Hilton. If only her students could understand her. Her pronunciation of the students names was, well... There is an Atsushi あつし in the class, she calls him "a-sushi." I bet he loves that. Good luck TV English students!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

funniness. i kind of want to try out Japan or Korea, but I don't want to leave China really. AHH I have to decide what next in the next 3 months...its blowing my mind.

Hannah said...

can you put some japanese tv on a dvd for me?

Anonymous said...

Is she 30 years old?? didnt know that...

sleepytako said...

It's not really Paris Hilton. The teacher in this class looks as if she were a 30 year old English teacher. ;D